About the role
We are seeking applications for the role of Aged Care System Navigator (ASCN) Coordinator at 0.9 x EFT (nine day fortnight). The role is responsible for effective delivery of Housing for the Aged Action Group’s (HAAG) Aged Care System Navigator Trial. You will have an understanding of aged care services and the needs of older people, especially those with a lived experience of homelessness or housing stress. Critical to your success is an ability to provide high-quality person-centred services that deliver independent information and support to people who need assistance to access and understand the aged care system.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Tertiary degree in community development, social work or related qualifications or experience
- Demonstrated professional experience working with clients in the delivery of a community-based service
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of My Aged Care systems and processes (including aged care assessments) and an understanding of aged care services.
- Strong project management skills, including high-level communication and administrative skills.
- Experience in volunteer coordination
- Empathy and understanding of the needs of vulnerable older people, especially those experiencing housing stress or with barriers to accessing information.
- Experience working with people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, including working with interpreters.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Experience working for a community-based organisation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and an ability to work collaboratively with team members and sector stakeholders.
- Current Victorian driver’s license preferred but not essential.
HAAG is committed to recruiting a diverse range of people with a diverse range of talents to help us achieve our goals. We encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals.
HAAG provides generous salary and conditions.
Position descriptions can also be found on our website: www.oldertenants.org.au.
For further information contact Kobi Maglen on 03 9654 7389.
Closing date: Monday, 26 July, 5pm
About the organisation
Housing for the Aged Action Group is a member-based, community
organisation specialising in the housing needs of older people. The
organisation was formed over 30 years ago and today has over 500
members that actively campaign for housing justice.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Aged Care System Navigator (ASCN) Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.