About the role
All team members need to use their intelligence daily to problem solve and develop new ideas. That means the role operates in an environment with a lot of ambiguity. This can be very challenging and so you need to really like to work with uncertainty and be able to to problem solve, research and embrace new ideas. The Business and Data Analyst role is pivotal in accomplishing these goals. This helps us across many specific areas:
- Interpreting products design and developing key indicators (Input, Output and Outcomes)
- Helping schools track student progress so they can deliver the resources and programs suited to their individual needs
- Helping teachers track the many initiatives in and outside of the classroom
- Helping schools assess successes and improvement opportunities as they operate toward their education goals
- Helping GGSA evaluate their own programs, implementations, and performance
- Giving external stakeholders information on what GGSA does, the impact we make, and latest progress in our initiatives
- Tertiary qualification in business, economics, engineering, public policy or a related discipline
- Strong track record of successful project delivery, including managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in project scheduling; including activity definition, duration estimating and activity scheduling
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional team members
- Experience in leading and undertaking business and/or social policy related research, analysis and design
- Strong writing skills in business cases, briefs and presentations
- Proven ability to develop strong networks with diverse key partners with demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to address difficult or contentious concepts
- Exceptional research, communication skills (oral and written), IT skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint), and strong organisational and time management skills
- Empathy with less advantaged peoples and a desire to see them gain access to the same opportunities as other Australians
- Willingness to travel away from base location to spend time visiting regional and remote areas of Australia
- Ability to obtain a working with children check (QLD Blue Card) and
- Ability to obtain a successful police check.
Positions at GGSA are subject to the successful candidate being able to obtain a National Police check and a Working with Children card (Blue Card).
About the organisation
Good to Great Schools Australia (GGSA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports schools to transition from Poor to Fair, Fair to Good and Good to Great. GGSA works with each school to develop a tailored implementation plan that targets the needs of students from across the P-2, 3-6 and 7-9 Years.
The pedagogy and programs GGSA uses are based on effective teaching. GGSA uses the term effective teaching to describe effective teaching pedagogy and programs that have a strong evidence base and are proven to be the most effective at accelerating student achievement with sustained gains for students of all abilities. Effective teaching is explicit teaching, direct, tailored to the schools and targeted to every student’s needs.
GGSA has a comprehensive 6C education program with five distinct, but related, learning domains of Childhood, Class, Club, Culture and Civics which integrate into the Australian curriculum. These are complemented by the Community domain which focuses on engaging parents and families in the student ‘high fives’ of attendance, school readiness, wellbeing, finance support and high school. The domain most commonly adopted by schools is the Class domain which covers literacy and numeracy.
GGSA is modern and innovative and we are well set up to support roles from being carried at home base.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business and Data Analyst – Remote via Pro Bono Australia.