About the role
- Bring your passion and experience for engaging families and delivering therapeutic case management that is evidence-based and outcomes focussed!
- Opportunity to provide tailored interventions to parents and carers to support improved outcomes for children, infants and young people.
- Two Fixed Term Roles: Full-time and Part time opportunities available (ending June 2022 and June 2024).
- Heidelberg or Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country).
An exciting opportunity exists within our Integrated Family Services (IFS) team to provide tailored brief and tertiary level interventions within a systems framework to support better outcomes for children, young people, and their families. We are seeking qualified and motivated Child and Family Workers to join our integrated multi-disciplinary IFS team to deliver targeted evidence-based practices.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, OT, mental health / AOD or similar field
- A Working with Children Card, National and International Police
- Checks and a current driver’s licence
Proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Providing high quality, ethical and professional services, undertaking systemic psycho-social and risk assessments
- Formulating integrated therapeutic care plans and providing, family focused outcomes-based interventions designed to enhance family functioning and relationships
- Ability to draw on a trauma informed lens to respond to complex and diverse clients and ensure equitable, responsive, and quality services
As a member of the Kids First you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Portable long services leave
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Please include a Cover letter and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. Your application must also address each of the individual selection criteria.
To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First
website at: https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5585318.
For enquiries about the position please contact Pip McGrouther, Team Leader, Family Services on 0434 158 448.
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability. Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Child and Family Worker via Pro Bono Australia.