About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until December 2021)
About the opportunity
Child FIRST provides a coordinated community based entry point into registered child and family service agencies working within the Hume Moreland Integrated Family Services Partnership.
The Intake Worker is responsible for conducting the initial assessment in order to determine the suitability for allocation to family services or to coordinate referrals to other relevant community agencies. The Intake Worker will also provide information and advice about local community services and supports for vulnerable families.
Although a maximum term role, Child FIRST (Hume Moreland) will be transitioning to ‘The Orange Door’ and there may be an opportunity for this position to integrate into an ongoing role within ‘The Orange Door’
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or a related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of intake, assessment and response.
- Child Protection experience &/or Intake experience with vulnerable children and families, including those who have experienced family violence.
- Highly developed adaptive interpersonal communication skills including the ability to engage and empower others.
- Ability to be self-reliant, motivated and accountable in managing multiple tasks and meeting timelines and targets.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 28 July 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Valerie Ayres-Wearne, Senior Manager – Parenting & Family (Hume Moreland Alliance) on 0414 507 734
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Child FIRST Intake Worker via Pro Bono Australia.