About the role
Can Assist is the largest cancer support network in rural and regional NSW; active in 56 branches with near 3,000 registered volunteers. The branches are operated by local volunteers who live and work in these areas.
Can Assist is committed to ensuring all people, regardless of where they live in NSW, have access to cancer treatment and care. By providing accommodation, financial assistance and practical support to people from rural and regional areas, they ensure rurally based cancer patients are given the same opportunities and treatment choices as those who live in city centres.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with a passionate cause-driven team
- CBD office location with integrated WFH flexibility
- Professional development opportunities
- Progressive team leadership
- Highly engaged small team
In this diverse hands-on role, you will report to the Executive Director and work with the Sydney team to build awareness of Can Assist and support the regional branches. You will develop the marketing and communication strategy with a focus on digital, social media and media engagement initiatives.
- Implement and manage the social media strategy
- Copywriting, story-telling and content development
- Develop media engagement strategy, write and distribute media releases
- Coordinate the design and production of marketing assets
- Produce, edit and distribute member and supporter communication including the annual report
- Monitor and report on trends and campaign effectiveness
- Co-ordinate, produce and oversee at least two fundraising appeals
Required skills & experience
You have an interest in the Not for Profit sector and are able to deliver mission-driven communications, innovative content creation and measure campaign effectiveness. Your experience will also include:
- Qualifications in marketing or communications
- Delivery of traditional, digital and social media marketing initiatives
- Experience with digital analytics, reporting tools and design software
- Website management using WordPress
- Ability to identify target audiences and attract and foster relationships
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and working to a high level of detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage key stakeholder relationships
You must be willing to occasionally travel to rural and regional areas in NSW.
If contributing to the support of rural cancer patients through driving greater awareness appeals to you then please submit your CV along with a cover letter addressing the skills required section above and tell us why you would be right for Can Assist. Alternatively, please contact Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 if you have any specific questions.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Communication & Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.