About the role
You will be responsible as the Communications and Project Officer for the production of all marketing material, the annual Linkwest report, and content for corporate documents, fortnightly eNews. You will be responsible for CRM and website management, social media, analytics, and project and event support. In addition, you will support sector development through supporting Facebook groups and delivering in-person and digital workshops on digital communication tools, e.g., social media, Canva, Infographics, etc.
You will be a person comfortable in a dynamic, team-based environment. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following experience and capability:
- experience using contemporary communications tools (such as Adobe Suite, Canva, WordPress, Mailchimp, Adwords, social media advertising, Microsoft Office suite of applications and/or others)
- understanding of online reach and engagement tools, techniques and methods (including social media)
- proven ability to deliver outcomes in a self-directed environment
- organisation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritise competing tasks and manage timelines
- ability to engage with external organisations and community stakeholders
- strong writing & editing skills across multiple contexts and media, including meticulous attention to detail
Qualifications in a relevant area (such as communications, marketing, public relations or similar) will be well regarded.
In addition to working as part of a fun, creative and dynamic team driven by purpose, working to support community-led development, other benefits include:
- salary $74,000 (pro-rata) plus superannuation and 17.5% leave loading
- support and opportunities for both formal and informal professional development
- family-friendly workplace and flexible working conditions
- hybrid working conditions (i.e. work from home options)
About the organisation
Linkwest is the Western Australian peak body for Neighbourhood and Community Resource Centres. Linkwest's primary purpose is to assist these Centres in being the best they can be, ensuring they develop vibrant, inclusive, and connected communities and remaining part of the local landscape for generations to come. Linkwest offers its members customised support; training and networking opportunities; personalised resources; information, advice and guidance; funding opportunities; marketing tools; and advice and assistance in areas such as centre governance, policies, and mediation.
Linkwest is committed to supporting Neighbourhood and Community Resource Centres to implement Community-led Development principles at a local level.
Community-led development can enrich individuals, groups and communities and subsequently build social capital and social cohesion by facilitating:
- A sharing of experiences, knowledge, skills and resources.
- The recognition of the value of the diverse contributions that people can make.
- The acknowledgement of the individual needs, aspirations and skill level of others.
- The development of relationships based on trust and respect.
- Local participation in decisions and activities.
- Individual and group empowerment through self-determination.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please submit the following:
- Cover letter outlining how your relevant experience would add value to the role and its requirements.
Through the selection process, shortlisted candidates may be asked to provide samples of previous work and attend interviews. Shortlisted candidates may also be requested to undertake psychometric assessments, undergo criminal history screening and provide information on their work rights in Australia.
This position is being managed by Linkwest's recruitment partners, talenting.
Applications should be submitted via http://www.talenting.com.au/careers/ by 25 July 2021.
Note: The role may be filled at any time during the recruitment process, including prior to the closing date.
For further information please contact Tara Roopra on 08 6244 3222 or 0452 660 461, or via email email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Communications and Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.