About the role
- Develop and manage the communications strategies that support Tandem’s objectives.
- Develop and grow Tandem’s profile with key media entities.
- Ensure consistency across Tandem’s internal and external communications products and materials by acting as the custodian of Tandem’s writing and brand style guides.
- Co-ordinate and partner with staff to develop digital content for publications, newsletters and communications material, including speeches, presentations, and the annual report, which will include sourcing content, copy writing and editing, layout, proofing, and distribution.
- Manage and develop Tandem’s social media accounts, including sourcing content, creating and scheduling content, and providing monthly reports.
- Manage website content updates by drafting, editing, approving and publishing program and project content. Recommend functional changes to the site to meet organisational needs and continually improve the user experience.
- Undertake daily media monitoring and plan, coordinate and evaluate media monitoring services.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of specific communications campaigns.
- Act as consultant and facilitator to staff, assisting them to increase the effectiveness and professional presentation of Tandem’s messages consistent with the Tandem Strategic Plan to the public.
- Promote and assist with the planning of Tandem events, including member consultations, forums, conferences and the Tandem Awards for Exceptional Service to Family and Friends in Mental Health.
- This will include creating events pages, monitoring registrations, and promotion through Tandem’s e-newsletter and on social media.
About the organisation
Tandem was established in 1994 and is proud to be the trusted voice of family and friends in mental health in Victoria. As the Victorian peak body with a sole focus on the needs and interests of mental health carers, Tandem’s role is to provide leadership, coordination and knowledge for the organisations and individuals who are working to improve outcomes for Victorian people living with mental health issues, their family and friends. Tandem is committed to ensuring that the importance of the contribution, expertise, experiences and needs of family, friends and supporters/carers is recognised and addressed, and that they will be essential partners in recovery, service governance and delivery, planning, research and evaluation.
How to apply
Please see the attached Position Description for more information and for the Key Selection Criteria. All applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume.
For enquiries, please contact Sarah Irving, Team Leader Policy and Projects on 03 8803 5555.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.