About the role
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging + company car
- Permanent full-time position
- Northmead location
CareFlight was founded in 1986 as an aeromedical charity with the mission to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Today, we deliver services nationally. Our critical care doctors, paramedics and nurses are specially trained in emergency and trauma, pre-hospital and remote medicine and we use helicopters, jet aircraft, turbo-prop planes and road vehicles to reach and treat patients wherever they are.
We operate with integrity, to the highest ethical standards and fairness to all. We’re profit for purpose. Funds earned and raised go back towards delivery of our service, so we can continue to respond above and beyond to the needs of our patients, communities and customers.
Reporting into the Head of Philanthropy, this role will coordinate CareFlight’s relationships with community organisations, interest groups and individuals such as past patients in order to secure and support donors, advocates and community fundraisers for CareFlight’s mission and services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet or exceed required targets in securing donations, new and retained community groups and individual as fundraisers and advocates and other agreed KPIs.
- Recruit and support community fundraisers to stage events and other fundraising activities on behalf of CareFlight,
- Promote, book and present talks on CareFlight to community groups and 3rd party events
- Promote, book and lead tours of CareFlight bases and services
- Recruit, induct and assist with supervision of voluntary workers for selected CareFlight programs
- Intrastate travel is required on a regular basis and occasional interstate travel may be required
- Flexibility to regularly attend after-hours and weekend activities as required (reasonable time in lieu will be available)
To be successful, the Community Engagement Officer will have previous experience in a community engagement, fundraising, sales or relationship development role.
Critical to this position is your excellent skills in relationship development, supporter care, time management and organisation, with attention to detail and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. You are excited to work in a high performing team and roll up your sleeves to achieve success and help save lives across Australia.
The ability to maintain and develop stakeholder relationships with excellent interpersonal skills is a must, with strong written and verbal communications skills including being a confident public speaker.
You will be proficient with all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook and competent using a CRM database to record, report and analyse supporter/client information. You will also be required to hold a current driver’s licence.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising, Marketing, Sales or related area.
- Previous experience within the not-for-profit sector
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on Friday, 13 August 2021 (6pm AEST).
For additional information, please contact Chris Waugh, Head of Philanthropy at email@example.com.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.