About the role
We’re looking for a strong writer and skilled collaborator who can lead production of publications across the organisation.
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Content Marketing Producer position if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, content development, especially related to the International Development field, strong writing and proof-reading skills essential.
- Demonstrated end-to-end publication production experience.
- Demonstrated experience in content development that has enhanced fundraising income and raised brand awareness, across digital and non-digital platforms, preferably from the NGO or community services sectors.
- Proven track record in research, writing and editing for a variety of stakeholders and audience types to publication level.
- Demonstrated experience in building trustful and positive working relationships with collaborative teams, including integrative cross-team environments.
- Extensive experience in concurrently managing projects, and business as usual activities.
Let’s talk about your next role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Producing key Caritas Australia publications including Caritas News, The Change Report – writing and end-to-end production management.
- Researching and developing engaging short and long-form content that inspires Caritas Australia’s supporters and the general public, reflects stakeholder needs and demonstrates the impact of our work.
- Proofreading, sub-editing, with strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Planning and coordinating content in line with the content calendar, including contributing to the creation and ongoing development of the content calendar, including eDMs and social media posts, as required.
- Collaborating across teams as a conduit to source and define content and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensuring content fits style, brand and tone guidelines.
- Contributing to and executing content strategy and creating a high standard of content across a wide range of platforms.
- Ensuring all fundraising and marketing copy meets relevant accreditation and fundraising charter requirements.
- Providing specialist content support and advice to various teams within Caritas Australia.
- Making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by 2nd August 2021. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Content Marketing Producer via Pro Bono Australia.