About the role
- Working across Moreland and surrounds, working from home
- Full time or part time, fixed term to 31 Dec 2021
- Join a dynamic and innovative team contributing to community strengthening and COVID-19 prevention and response
Your new role
The High-Risk Accommodation Response (HRAR) has been established to provide a timely response to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid infection in vulnerable populations. This includes some public housing estates, disability accommodation, rooming houses, community housing and Supported Residential Services (SRS’s).
HRAR works to ensure appropriate public health measures are in place to protect the health and wellbeing of residents and communities. This includes ensuring culturally appropriate supports such as health and social services, food and essential supplies are accessible as well as community engagement strategies. Promotion of the Victorian vaccination rollout is an important component of the program. Full PPE is worn when Government advice indicates this is necessary.
As a HRAR Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Supporting managers, proprietors and residents of in scope properties with prevention and outbreak planning;
- Providing information relating to the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccination program, and government pandemic advice;
- Actively contributing to planning and coordination to fulfil HRAR objectives;
- Using your excellent communication skills to build the capacity of SRS Managers and staff to be Covid safe;
- Helping vulnerable people get vaccinated;
- Helping vulnerable people in isolation;
- Building relationships with other service providers and investigating opportunities for cross-functional collaboration; and
- Supporting consumer participation in partner-led and Merri-led activities such as evaluation, reference groups and other projects
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, Mental Health, AOD or other related disciplines
- Well-developed communication skills and skills in building effective relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent computer and organisational skills, with a willingness to work flexibly, responsibly and productively in a dynamic, changing environment
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
As HRAR Support Officer you will be part of a dynamic, innovative and supportive team contributing to community strengthening and COVID-19 prevention and response. You will have the opportunity to be a central part of the Victorian Covid Response.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: COVID-19 Response Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.