About the role
- Be part of a purpose-driven organisation committed to community development and a social model of health
- Make a meaningful contribution to the health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne
- Attractive salary packaging
- Full time, fixed term role to 31 December 2021
Your Community Health is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced COVID Clinical Lead to join Your Community Health’s COVID Recovery response.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Covid Response, the Clinical Lead position will be responsible for providing both clinical and non-clinical frontline support to clients, visitors and staff leading the outreach and pop-up testing and vaccination initiatives. The focus of the Covid response is
establishing outreach COVID 19 Vaccination and Testing initiatives in Northern Melbourne priority population groups such as social housing residents and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your passion and commitment will see you:
- Provide clinical leadership to the COVID Vaccination response initiative and perform clinical duties within the required scope of practice and with clinical competency according to the best available evidence.
- Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance.
- Maintain clinical documentation.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical case conferences.
- Develop and oversee COVIDSafe plans for Program activities and sites.
- Support the social and clinical assessment and monitoring of COVIDpositive clients.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Current Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Div 1) and Current Nurse Immuniser qualification
- Well-developed clinical skills and demonstrated ability to respond to changing clinical needs, including previous clinical leadership and experience
- Project Management and/or Management Experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of COVID -19 or willingness to learn
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to professional and career development of all our staff and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location, with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
About the organisation
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
How to apply
Applications must address the selection criteria contained in the position description as part of the cover letter.
For more information regarding this role please refer to the position description. For further enquiries contact Paul Leary, General Manager People and Culture on 0447 083 754.
Your Community Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.
Please quote in application: Covid Clinincal Lead via Pro Bono Australia.