About the role
- 2x full time positions max Term until 30/06/2022 – with potential view to extension
- Assess and arrange supports for vulnerable people in the community both in person and over the phone
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Free Parking- close to worksite
- Compassionate, professional and supportive team environment
- Employee Assistance Program
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity to be involved in our In Home Support Services part of our newly established Nursing and Allied Health Team. The role involves managing incoming enquires and referrals for clients seeking home support services such as Allied Health, Nursing, Personal Care, Domestic Assistance, Home Maintenance, Home Modifications and other programs. You will then need to conduct an in-home or over the phone assessment to determine a client’s needs and eligibility before arranging appropriate support to help, particularly older people to remain living at home.
We are looking for a person who can demonstrate:
- Well developed customer service skills
- Strong in person and telephone-based communication skills are essential
- Relevant Certificate IV qualification (Community Services, Aged Care, Disability) and / or demonstrated equivalent expertise and work experience to undertake the activities required
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Alignment with Uniting’s values
- Strong customer service focus and work ethic
- Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as great attention to detail
- Ability to develop rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Strong active listening skills
- Strong compter skills
- Confidence and experience in using a Client Relationship Management System
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
How to apply
Applications Close: COB Thursday 29th July 2021.
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter – 1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description whilst also addressing the core selection criteria
- Current Resume – no more than 3 pages
- A separate 1 page document addressing the core selection criteria found in the position description
Get in touch
If this sounds like you and you wish to find out more about this role you can:
- Contact Kosta Milonakos or Heather L’Huillier for a confidential discussion on 1300-277-478.
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Customer Service Officer via Pro Bono Australia.