About the role
We’re looking for a professional Data and Business Analyst with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a 2 year Maximum Term, Full-Time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy but working across metro Melbourne.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Data and Business Analyst position works with the JVES Management team to lead the delivery of JVES program data management and reporting activities, including monitoring against agreed performance measurements and indicators, to meet contractual and evidentiary requirements for both internal and external stakeholders. This position works in close collaboration with the Data and Reporting Analyst in WESSI and other internal stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- In collaboration with Regional Managers, lead the monitoring of the JVES program against key performance outcomes and measures including coordination of activities and deliverables that position JVES program to meet their KPIs.
- Maintain knowledge of the JVES contractual and funding requirements related to data and reporting and lead the maintenance of reports, data integrity processes and data inconsistencies identification and rectification.
- Support the JVES program to ensure timely collection, management and utilisation of data and information to prescribed timelines both contractual and internal.
- In conjunction with the JVES Management, identify risks and opportunities for improvement, new systems/ options, make recommendations and implement approved actions within the scope of the role.
- Project manage inputs from across the team and analyse data to create narrative reports or written contributions that assist JVES Management in policy submissions.
Salary will be in the range of $75,000 – $80,000 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in leading coordination of complex projects and initiatives, particularly in performance monitoring, data quality, and reporting.
- Knowledge of best practice in collection of program data and information management.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing data and reporting systems that meet stakeholder requirements.
- Proven written skills with capacity to prepare reports or other materials for a variety of audiences.
- Proven strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information for various purposes.
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Gabrielle Hughes on 0419950679 for a confidential discussion.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Friday 6th August at 11:55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Data & Business Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.