About the role
IWDA is an Australian-based organisation, resourcing diverse women’s rights organisations, primarily in Asia and the Pacific, and contributing to global feminist movements to advance our vision of gender equality for all.
We resource the work of diverse women’s rights organisations, enable them to be more effective by providing support that goes beyond money, and we make our own contributions to feminist movements through advocacy, knowledge creation and translation.
As part of this contribution, we take actions to decolonise our approach to feminism and development. We want to become the best we can be in the world at north-south partnerships.
This means we seek to understand and leverage our locational power so that we know when to:
STEP UP: and use our power to leverage resources and access for women’s rights organisations, and make our own contribution to feminist movements
STAND WITH: feminist movements in solidarity and amplify the work of global south actors
STEP BACK: when others are better placed to take the lead.
Melbourne-based, reporting to the CEO, the Director, Systemic Change & Partnerships (organisational title) leads partnerships with gender-focused organisations in Asia and the Pacific. IWDA’s work addresses barriers to gender equality in order to realise its vision of gender equality for all. This role will drive systemic change work through integrating international and national policy advocacy initiatives, global research, programming, and partnerships management. In this integral leadership role you will also:
- Collaborate on maximising local and international funding opportunities
- Deliver IWDA’s thought leadership and systemic change towards gender equality
- Help integrate strong evidence into program, research, and advocacy practice
- Oversee program budgets and embed strong systems and compliance
You will be a senior development sector leader, with demonstrated networks and influence in global south women’s rights movements. You have demonstrated success leading similar development programs or work which addresses gender equality and women’s rights. Additionally you have:
- Demonstrated inspirational and inclusive program and policy leadership success
- Proven abilities to build diverse organisational funding streams and financial sustainability
- Advanced budgeting and analysis skills; post-grad qualifications/equivalent experience
- Extensive leadership experience including management of organisational change
- Ability to advocate to progress gender equality and D&I within IWDA/ IWDA’s Asia Pac work
- Collaborative and progressive stakeholder relationship building skills and partnering skills
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) has an Equal Opportunity exemption (H112/2018) and requests applications from people who identify as women only. IWDA encourages women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women with disabilities and First Nations women to apply. Preference will be given to applications from diverse candidates and candidates with lived experience in, or community ties to, one of the countries in which IWDA partners are based.
If you are a collaborative and inspiring development sector leader, passionate about promoting gender equality, and you meet the key criteria, please apply by submitting your cover letter, responding to the skills required, and resume in MS Word format quoting reference # 754071. Alternatively contact Lois Freeke in Melbourne, should you have any further questions, on 03 8080 8976.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director of Programs & Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.