About the role
We have vacancies for additional disability advocates in our team, providing a diverse range of individual advocacy activities.
As an individual advocate you will
- Engage with people with disabilities and providing information regarding their rights, entitlements and participation in community
- Develop advocacy plans to identify goals, strategies and desired outcomes and implementing the advocacy plan with a genuine commitment to the person
- Attend meetings with clients either virtually or potentially travelling to meetings primarily in Melbourne area. Currently the majority of the activity is working from home, this may change
- Provide resources to individuals or groups to facilitate their own self-advocacy efforts
- Promote a positive image of people with disabilities,
- Manage a caseload and maintain relevant client records and data for use in reports and systemic advocacy,
- Participating in regular intake meetings, team planning, staff meetings and systemic work
About the organisation
Leadership Plus specializes in disability advocacy, providing a range of advocacy services ensuring protection of the rights of people with disability. This includes a range of issues facing people with disabilities, NDIS applications and AAT Appeals, support for submissions to the Disability Royal Commission and Decision Support assistance for people applying to the NDIS.
We ensure a quality and professional service and we are quality audited to the Department of Social Services' National Standard for Disability Services.
How to apply
Apply by sending us your resume and a document addressing the Key Selection Criteria via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries to email@example.com or call us at (03) 9489 2999
Please quote in application: Disability Advocate via Pro Bono Australia.