About the role
St John of God Foundation raises funds for vital projects that improve the health of Australians, both today and into the future. Our commitment is to advancing discoveries in health care with a focus on human dignity and compassionate care, helping to improve lives and create hope.
We are currently seeking a Donor Engagement Coordinator who will play an integral role in supporting meaningful engagement of prospects and donors from all ‘walks of life’.
This will be achieved by working closely with other employees (caregivers) to coordinate donor engagement strategies and supporting the development and implementation of a broad range of engagement initiatives including communications, events and special projects designed to enhance the relationship between donors, the Foundation, and beneficiaries of philanthropy.
You will have a significant impact on the Foundation’s ability to recognise and retain current and future donors, joining a team embarking on an aspirational growth plan.
This position is being offered on a permanent part-time job share arrangement based in Melbourne. Contracted hours will be 0.5FTE, but may be negotiated dependent on the job share arrangement.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. marketing, communications, commerce etc and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a campaign/fundraising administration, coordination role or similar.
- Experience supporting client, stakeholder or donor acknowledgement and recognition activities, including the delivery of stewardship and cultivation events and programs.
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and to coordinate multiple activities and projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience in event coordination including preparation of comprehensive event briefings, orders of proceedings, speaker request forms and critical paths.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail and the ability to proof-read and edit to print-ready status.
- Experience in project and/or program coordination, including budget management, workload planning, stakeholder engagement, and activity evaluation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of web-based fundraising and and record keeping platforms.
- Basic level skills in InDesign or other design programs.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Self-motivated and committed to achieving for the organisation, as well as the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Sound judgement, and an exceptional level of sensitivity in dealing with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Lateral thinking ability, to be able to identify, problem solve and execute on procedural areas of improvement relating to the Foundation.
- Flexibility to work outside of usual business hours as required on events important to the Foundation.
- Willingness to travel intrastate or interstate as required to support the national Philanthropy function.
You will be rewarded with a remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience, also offering attractive salary packaging opportunities, along with a working environment that is consistent with our values.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
About the organisation
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Donor Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.