About the role
- Full Time Fixed Term position until June 2023
- Experience working with job seekers in a supportive, not-for-profit environment
- St Kilda Rd location
- Generous salary packaging benefits
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic and team orientated individual to join the Employment Centre and be part of a holistic approach for supporting job seekers from the Jewish Community, which may include other services from the Individual and Family Support Team. The successful candidate will work within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals devoted to providing employment outcomes and vocational pathways for job seekers facing barriers to finding work.
You will predominately support job seekers living with a disability within a more generic caseload. These job seekers are managed through all stages of their employment pathway from developing career choice and direction, skill attainment, job seeking and finally post placement support.
An important part of the role involves liaison with organisations and businesses to create interest in supporting job seekers with barriers to obtaining and keeping employment.
As a Jobs Victoria partner and NDIS accredited provider the Employment Centre works within a number of government guidelines for supporting disadvantaged job seekers particularly people living with a disability or mental health. The Employment Team contains both Employment Consultants and volunteer mentors. You will also be part of case teams with social workers, financial counsellors, disability support workers and housing workers within Jewish Care.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assess individual job seekers and develop employment pathway plans;
- Develop, coordinate and ensure the delivery of a range of individually tailored and culturally appropriate activities that are flexible and responsive to eligible job seekers needs and will facilitate positive employment outcomes;
- Actively work to place participants into employment vacancies and assist with reverse marketing and customised employment plans with employers;
- Develop relations and liaise with organisations and businesses that can provide vacancies for the programs clients.
- Work within the frameworks of funding bodies to deliver successful job seeking activities in line with funding arrangements;
- Maintain an understanding of contemporary employment practices
To be successful in this role you will have to:
- Be empathetic, creative, accountable and efficient.
- Experience in the employment sector and demonstrated skill in employment support programs or
- Experience working with people living with a disadvantage which may affect their ability to find and maintain open-employment ;
- Appreciate or develop an understanding of the Jewish Community and its unique needs;
- Knowledge of the key elements of job seeking skills for example resume writing, interview skills, self-marketing and networking.
Benefits & Culture
Jewish Care is committed to the professional development of all staff, providing ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBTI+ community.
Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please click Apply Now which will take you to our application portal to submit an application for this position.
Please quote in application: Employment Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.