About the role
22.8 hours per week, fixed term to 30 June 2022.
The Executive Assistant position is a new role in a small but growing, passionate and dynamic team of legal and other professionals. Reporting to the Director, the Executive Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the Director and Board and will contribute to general administrative functions that support organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties will include:
- scheduling and organising meetings and appointments
- assisting the in management of correspondence and other communications
- preparation, editing and formatting of documents
- improving and maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems
- collating staff forms, tax invoices and other wage and payment related documentation to support efficient authorisation and processing
- contributing to the development, documentation and implementation of administrative and other relevant systems and procedures
- assisting with data collection and collation and with preparing reports
- assisting with maintenance of records and registers
- assisting with organisation of SSRV events and activities
- liaising with stakeholders, service providers and suppliers
- making travel, accommodation and other arrangements as required
- contributing to reception duties and maintenance of office environment.
The Successful Applicant will be an experienced executive assistant or office/administration co-ordinator who demonstrates
- excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- strong time management, planning and organisational skills
- attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet deadlines
- that they are proactive, able to problem solve and to maintain confidentiality
- experience in collecting and collating data and preparing documents
- experience in developing and documenting systems and procedures
- high level knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office programs, databases and electronic communications.
About the organisation
Social Security Rights Victoria (SSRV) is an independent, state-wide community legal centre that specialises in social security and related law, policy and procedure. Our vision is for a fair and just society in which all people are able to receive a guaranteed adequate income in order to enjoy a decent standard of living. SSRV provides legal services to vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorians, and those who support them, which assist them to secure and protect their right to equitable social security entitlements.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.