About the role
Compass Housing Services is an established and progressive Tier One National Community Housing provider. At Compass we recognise “Our work effects change and makes a difference. We are continually looking for ways to improve our work practices and positively effect our environment, our communities, and our clients’ futures”
The Executive Manager – Operations Southern is accountable for building a cohesive and responsive team of Housing staff, ensuring the provision of quality tenant, property and program management across our Central Coast, Cessnock and East Maitland campuses.
Your leadership will inspire accountability and high performance while maintaining an environment of trust and confidentiality. You will possess a strong client focus and an engaging communication style which fosters a positive workplace culture.
You experience will include management of the operational budget, ensuring financial and operational KPIs are met and providing regular status reports on operational performance, budget, key risks, and compliance obligations.
You will be able to:
- Translate strategic objectives and contractual obligations into practical operational deliverables,
- Effectively lead our tenancy teams to deliver exceptional outcomes for our tenants and customers in line with the KPI’s under the program level agreements,
- Establish and maintain strong and effective stakeholder relationships to support the delivery products and services.
- Diploma, Graduate or Post Graduate qualifications in Business Management or related Discipline.
- Relevant experience within the Housing, Homelessness or Community Services or related field at Management Level.
- Demonstrated capability in mentoring and leading teams to produce quality outcomes for tenants and the organisation.
- Sound understanding of good governance and working knowledge of the relevant Housing, Homelessness and Tenancy legislation.
- Excellent reporting writing and communication skills
- Ability to identify and effectively manage risks
- Well-developed negotiation and conciliation skills.
Applicants must be willing to undertake and pass a National Criminal History check as part of the recruitment process, have a current driver’s license and possess an understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups including those experiencing or at risk of homelessness, people with a disability and people from a non-English speaking background.
- An attractive executive salary package including vehicle with personal usage,
- Not for Profit salary packaging tax benefits
- Annual training allowance and paid study days.
- Flexible working arrangements either a 19-day month or 9-day fortnight (based on working additional hours of work)
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP provider
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you address the key selection criteria as part of your application.
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Arlene Rowland, Human Resource Officer or Gwyn Williams Group Chief Operating Officer on 02 4920 2600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications reviewed on receipt
Please note, agency referrals will not be accepted for this role.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Executive Manager Operations Southern-Central Coast & Lower Hunter via Pro Bono Australia.