About the role
- Located in East Melbourne / Dandenong / Outposts
- SCHADS Level 4/ 5 (depending on experience) + EBA benefits including 3% above
award payment + 10% Superannuation. Salary packaging available.
- Join a community-connected NFP enacting positive change at the intersection of
family violence and multiculturalism!
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Family Violence Case Managers to join us and help make a difference in the lives of women and children experiencing family violence. Fluency in a language other than English is essential. Preferred languages include but are not limited to Arabic, Thai, Cambodian (Khmer), Hindi, Punjabi and Burmese.
Working in our inLanguage, inCulture model the successful applicants will undertake assessment, monitoring, planning, case management, advocacy and linking of women who are experiencing family violence with support services. The case manager will be required to work closely with staff from other agencies to ensure the clients’ needs can be addressed in an integrated manner.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role, have a genuine commitment to social justice, high ethical standards and values. We would love to hear from you!
- Continuously assess and monitor the safety of women and their children throughout the referral period with inTouch;
- Assist women to make informed choices for themselves and their children and to access appropriate and relevant services to help them achieve their stated goals;
- Provide a range of support services and intervention, both individual and group based, to women and their children who have experienced family violence;
- Deliver specialist advice / knowledge to external service providers in relation to the CALD and family violence sector;
- Articulate and demonstrate engagement with clients with complex needs;
- Effectively work with relevant service providers to support an integrated approach to referral pathways, protocols and joint initiatives in the family violence sector;
- Deliver education on the topics of CALD and family violence to community
- Collate and enter data into inTouch software (SHIP) to support clear and
- Proactively coordinate engagement with clients at outreach venues to
provide efficient and effective support
- Provide confidential, professional, timely and relevant services to women.
About the organisation
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence provides services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in CALD communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence. In tackling the issues of family violence we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community.
For more information about inTouch, including their rich history and role within the family violence sector please visit http://www.intouch.org.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.