About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious four-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Achieving this strategy asks for new and innovative ways to create quality content and we are seeking the right leader to take this work forward with excellence.
We are looking for an experienced story teller with the ability to influence, engage and inspire the audience, moving them to action. This role is a critical for Compassion Australia to pursue a bold strategy to catalyse exponential growth in the number of children and youth released from poverty.
About the Role
They key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and develop internal and external videographers through regular meetings and coaching in order to deliver high quality video content and stories.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director on the execution of Global Brand through film in Australia and Asia-Pacfic
- Collaborate closely with the Narrative Lead and Art Direction Lead to plan and develop content across Brand Experience.
- Direct, produce and edit video content that can be used across multiple channels including social media, communications, digital marketing, and Compassion’s website.
- Considering the segmentation, brand guidelines and strategy to increase awareness and reach, resulting in high engagement with every campaign and promotion.
The Film Lead is responsible for directing and producing video content to tell stories that communicate the holistic impact of Compassion, activate people’s Compassion, expand the ministry’s reach, and engage our neighbours (audiences).
You will lead, coach, and guide a team of creative specialists and collaborate closely with a broad network of colleagues, including CAU’s executive and Compassion International’s Global Content Team. We are looking for someone that:
- Proven experience and excellence in video production.
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to influence, engage and inspire the audience, moving them to action.
- Highly developed understanding of visual storytelling, video production (shooting, audio, editing) and graphic design.
- Excellent stakeholder management and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
- Ability to manage a small team
- Experience in assessing large volumes of data to inform trends and strategic direction.
- Ability to follow, deliver briefs and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to identify and capture video content.
Please include a copy of your portfolio or a link to an example of your work within your application.
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference. To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Applications will close on Thursday 5th August 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Film Lead via Pro Bono Australia.