About the role
The Finance & Operations Manager is a key and central role at The Song Room and is critical to the success of the organisation. A key member of the Operations team this role will provide positive, effective and collaborative support to the Director, Business Performance & Operations and other members of this team. This role will provide leadership across the organisation and in all areas of responsibility.
There are two separate but closely aligned areas of this role in Finance and Operations and this position description will refer to each of them.
The Finance & Operations Manager is responsible for the management of financial operations including:
- General Finance, Budget and Audit management
- Financial reporting to the Board, Audit Finance and Risk Committee, and Executive team
- Financial reporting and provision of financial information for the wider organisation
- Statutory and financial compliance and reporting
- Payroll and Salary Packaging
- Supporting strategic planning
- Providing financial leadership, professional development and advice across the organisation
The Finance & Operations Manager is responsible for the management of organisational operations including:
- Strategic project development with the Director, Business Performance & Operations
- Insurance and Risk Management processes
- Human Resource processes – recruitment, staff contracts, on and off boarding, employment reviews, and partner engagement such as Converge EAP, HR Advice Online and AccessPay
- Providing Human Resource leadership and support across the organisation with regard to Award compliance, staffing requirements, and key communication
- Oversight of the Human Resources SharePoint sub site
- Support of Policy development and approval
- Independent contractor and provider agreements
This role will also work closely with the Finance & Operations Coordinator which includes the following additional areas:
- General office operations including leasing agreements
- Strategic support for Arts Learning operations
The remaining responsibilities of the Finance & Operations Coordinator are covered within the areas noted under the Finance & Operations headings above.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualified Accountant, CPA or ACA
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Clear communicator – written and verbal. Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Two referees
About the organisation
The Song Room is a purpose driven organisation that levels the learning playing field for children experiencing disadvantage through an impactful, sustainable and scalable approach to Arts Learning. In partnership with schools, we seek to develop creative, courageous and compassionate young people who take ethical and responsible action, recognise their shared humanity and help shape a better world.
In working for The Song Room, you directly contribute to addressing the educational equity gap for some of Australia's most disadvantaged young people.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to Mary Brown (Director, Business Performance & Operations) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions about the position, please contact Mary directly via here.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 12 August, 2021.
Please quote in application: Finance & Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.