About the role
As a First Nations Program Officer, you will work closely with the First Nations Executive Director and First Nations Director to coordinate programs under FYA’s strategy to build the power of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to heal injustice and transform the future.
With coaching and guidance, you will work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and communities on coordinating projects, building movements, running training and/or supporting campaigns.
This role is a learning and development opportunity: you will gain training and experience in project management, strategy, campaigning, co-design, media, budgeting and capacity building.
About the organisation
About the Foundation for Young Australians
Today’s generation of young Australians are facing unprecedented and intersecting crises. They also have the skills, insight and ambition to address them. At FYA, our vision is that young people have the power to beat injustice and transform the future. In pursuit of this vision, our purpose is to back young people with the trust, resources, skills, and connections to make change.
FYA has an incredible history, new CEO and First Nations Executive Director, focused strategy, dynamic team and board, and unique resource base. We are shaping a future-focused organisation committed to the highest standards of professionalism, culture and conditions, diversity, and impact - all centered around our key constituents: young people.
Our values are:
- We respect and back First Nations young people and their communities
- We back and serve young people
- We shift power to young people with lived experience
- We dream big
- We care about each other
- We are always learning
- We have fun
FYA is committed to prioritising self-determination and work with First Nations young people over the long-term. FYA currently has six Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff members.
Our work is guided by a commitment to beating injustice and we strongly encourage applications from young people, women and non-binary people, people with disability, people from LGBTIQA+ communities, and more. We acknowledge our sector (philanthropy and nonprofits) has systematically excluded these communities.
How to apply
Click apply now or head to the ‘work with us’ section of our website and follow the application process.
- Please provide brief answers (no more than 500 words each) to these questions:
- Describe yourself and what excites you about this role and working for FYA
- Explain how your experience or interests relate to what we’re looking for
- We are open to receiving this as a video, audio or written piece e.g. poetry or essay (no more than 500 words each), a video or audio (no more than five mins). For video or audio applications please send your responses to email@example.com
- Please include your resume (if you have one)
- Deadline: 6pm AEST, Wednesday 4 August 2021
For more information or a confidential discussion about the role contact:
Executive Director, First Nations
For more information about the recruitment process:
People and Culture Coordinator
Please quote in application: First Nations Program Officer (x2) via Pro Bono Australia.