About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Fundraising and Partnerships Coordinator to join our National Partnerships team based in Melbourne.
Responsible for coordinating integrated fundraising campaigns, donor acquisition, retention and grant applications, this role will work closely with the Partnerships and Business Development Manager to increase philanthropic and partnerships income. This role will operate under a shared services model, working across both The Big Issue and Homes for Homes businesses.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Coordinator will take carriage of a range of partnership servicing activities including subscription management, corporate volunteering, workplace giving and other similar opportunities. The role will also identify grant and award opportunities and take the lead in writing applications. The successful candidate will have exceptional relationship management skills and thrive in a team environment enjoying an exciting, diverse scope of work.
The key responsibilities will be delivered within a strategy developed by senior management.
This role would suit a self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for:
- Coordinating fundraising campaigns to increase philanthropic and partnerships income
- Implementing and administering donor acquisition and retention plans, to increase donations, including workplace giving
- Managing corporate and individual subscriptions to The Big Issue magazine
- Managing the national corporate volunteering program across both The Big Issue and Homes for Homes
- Identifying and preparing grant applications and award submissions across both The Big Issue and Homes for Homes
- Producing reports and grant acquittals
- Creating corporate partnership proposals, reviews, reports and presentations
- Assist with day-to-day servicing of corporate partners
- Providing administrative support in respect to corporate partnerships and other stakeholder relationships
- Attending meetings with external stakeholders
- Maintaining Salesforce database, including the utilisation of Pardot in respect to customer journeys
- Coordinating The Big Issue Challenge bookings
- Supporting magazine advertising sales as required
Skills and knowledge
- Relevant experience (a minimum of 1-2 years) in a fundraising/ philanthropy/ partnerships role
- Experience in fundraising campaigns and donor relationship management
- Experience using Salesforce CRM management platform and related programs, including Payments2Us and Pardot
- Strong grant writing and acquittal skills
- Ability to produce high quality partnership proposals and reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Capacity to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desktop computer application skills
- Enthusiastic approach – positive and proactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial
- Must be a team player, working closely and collaboratively with a number of teams within the organisation
- Familiarity with digital workplace giving and fundraising platforms (ie Good2Give, Benevity)
- Highly organised and attentive to detail – must be able to tightly manage busy corporate volunteering obligations and strict deadlines
- Experience in bequest programs
All positions at The Big Issue and Homes for Homes are designed to meet the company’s goals. To achieve these goals we need people who:
- Out of hours duties may be required
- Some interstate travel may be required from time-to-time
- Other duties – may be required to perform other duties at the discretion of the National Communications and Partnerships Manager
About the organisation
The Big Issue Australia is an independent not for profit organisation that develops and operates a number of social enterprises providing opportunities for those experiencing homelessness and disadvantage to positively change their lives.
We are an agent for social change, using entrepreneurial practices and sound business strategy to promote social inclusion and alleviate poverty in Australia. Our innovative programs and services focus on helping people who are socially disadvantaged, and may otherwise slip through the cracks, to build confidence and the capacity to help themselves.
This is achieved by using various mechanisms to connect people with the community, such as the Street Magazine Enterprise, the Community Street Soccer Program (Street Soccer), the Women’s Subscription Enterprise and The Big Issue Classroom.
Homes for Homes is a social enterprise created by The Big Issue that aims to help end homelessness in Australia. It raises new, private funding to tackle the shortage of social and affordable housing. Property owners donate 0.1% of the sale price of their property to Homes for Homes, these funds are then pooled and granted to community housing providers to increase the supply of affordable and social housing.
How to apply
How to apply
Please apply through Pro Bono Australia, attaching your current resume and a cover letter highlighting the skills and knowledge you would bring to this exciting role. Please include your salary expectations for this role.
Your application can be addressed to Stephanie Say, National Communications and Partnerships Manager.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately, we encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Partnerships Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.