About the role
- Join one of the world’s largest and most respected conservation organisations
- Workplace flexibility including monthly RDO
- Canberra Office
Working as a member of the Policy and Horizon Scanning team, the role manages the high-level political engagement strategy for WWF-Australia working collaboratively on the design, development and delivery of the strategy, coordinating political engagement and building internal capability for effective advocacy. The role cultivates opportunities across both Federal and State/Territory governments and with non-government parties and parliamentarians, to progress the influence and uptake of priority WWF policy-based asks spanning across all strategic priority areas.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated significant government relations skills.
- Experience and understanding of Australian Federal and/or State/Territory political and policy environments and processes.
- Experience in the development and delivery of political and government advocacy strategy within a complex, changeable environment.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication, influencing, negotiation and advocacy skills.
- A proven track record working across and within multiple teams with sometimes divergent agendas and/or timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage up constructively with an outcome focus.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in grant writing, and/or contributing to funding proposals and concept briefs, with an ability to work both autonomously and constructively within a team and be aligned with WWF’s vision, mission and values.
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, sex, sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTQIA+) community members, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
WWF’s global vision is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Australia is part of the WWF International Network, the world’s leading, independent conservation organisation. We are active in over 100 countries and have close to 5 million supporters internationally. In Australia and throughout the oceanic region, we work with governments, businesses and communities so that people and nature can thrive within their fair share of the planet’s natural resources.
WWF's mission is to halt the decline of threatened plants and animals and to support their recovery. We do this by addressing the threats that affect them using the best available science while working in partnership with communities, Indigenous groups, government and business. The world is changing fast. Our wildlife and wild places face unprecedented challenges. The result is people yearn more for nature and are connected with each other like never before. We know that we can achieve more by partnering, sharing, empowering communities, forming alliances and building a movement for the environment. Working together is the answer. It is our goal to bring about this unified voice for nature.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Government Relations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.