About the role
We’re looking for someone to take on a hands-on Senior Leadership position in our fun, passionate and supportive team. You must have a strong digital marketing and communications background (we’re open to any industry, not just NFP) with a deep belief in our fundamental principles of human dignity and empowerment, a commercial mind, and a knack for getting creative within a set of constraints. You must also be able to move seamlessly between leading, managing, and “doing”.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an established brand with a much-loved history of precise communications and language use, plus a small but extremely loyal community of advocates – with plenty of room for you to inject your ideas for growth and innovation.
You will be instrumental in helping end world hunger through the education and empowerment of women in the world’s poorest countries. Specifically, you will have proven experience:
- developing and delivering the digital marketing and communications strategy as well as fundraising and awareness campaigns
- Build our awareness, acquisition, retention and fundraising targets set out in the strategic plan and KPIs
- build on the established communications and collateral, and develop and implement a variety of communications strategies and plans
- roll out a newly approved brand articulation piece to lift our digital marketing and communications to the next level
- develop investor journeys, refresh the website, create a suite of resources for other teams and our boards, and more – all with the goal of investor retention and acquisition, and so our community is delighted by their experience of engaging with us
- lead, develop and inspire 2 direct reports and as a snr member of the team you will be a role model for all team members.
- Manage and amplify of the impact of our marketing budget and services provided in kind by our pro bono partners.
- Work closely, including attendance to board meeting with National Board, CEO and other Senior Leadership members,
Other important things to know:
- Preference is for the role to be located in Sydney; however, we do have offices in both Sydney and Melbourne
- Flexible to candidate’s preference for working 4 or 5 days per week with a mix of WFH & Office days
- Salary of $110k +super (pro-rated if working less than 5 days p/week). As an employee of a NFP organisation you are entitled to receive Fringe Benefits Tax benefits.
- Attractive Parental leave scheme
- Grow with us, we have a strong learning and development focus
- Future opportunities for international travel to immerse yourself in our work
The Hunger Project’s mission is to end chronic, persistent hunger. Learn more about our vision, principles, what we do and our results: www.thp.org.au
Please see attached for the full position description including desired skills and experience.
About the organisation
About The Hunger Project:
The Hunger Project is a global, non-religious, non-profit organisation working to end world hunger by 2030. We believe that hunger can end, and ours is the generation that can eliminate it once and for all. In Africa, South Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers people to lead lives of self-reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children. We believe people who currently live in hunger are not the problem – they are the solution. We don’t see 690 million mouths to feed, we see 690 million human beings who are enterprising and resilient. Our work is to unlock their leadership, creativity and capacity so that they can be the key to ending their own hunger. Our programs provide training and services to village partners covering health, education, adult literacy, nutrition, improved farming techniques and food security, microfinance loans, water and sanitation, and HIV/AIDS prevention.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your details to Malcolm Duncan -The Insight Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Head of Digital Marketing & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.