About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious four-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. In response to this strategy we have created a new department – Performance & Analytics. Due to an internal promotion we are now looking for a highly competent individual to lead our Finance team and ensure the financial integrity of Compassion Australia with meaningful, insightful, engaging and transparent information that explains and guides current and future performance as well as identifying opportunities for continual improvement.
We need a leader who is a learner and team player at heart, who will collaborate well across the Australian and global team, provide sound financial advice and guidance, and relentlessly drive simplicity and value through every action their team takes.
As a strategic thinker and problem solver, you will be able to lead a team through reinvention and change. You will navigate the deadline driven reality of finance, while ensuring excellence, integrity, accuracy and compliance. You will have an innovative and customer driven approach to work and be passionate about driving healthy team culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the production of financial reporting and managing external audit requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with the statutory financial obligations of the ministry;
- Embedding strong governance frameworks and internal controls over the financial activities of the ministry;
- Translating strategies and operational plans into financial budgets, forecasts, strategic measures and targets of the ministry;
- Developing reporting frameworks that provide meaningful, insightful, engaging and transparent information that explain performance;
- Monitoring the external environment to mitigate any emerging risks and providing strong financial advice where growth opportunities arise;
- Educating the ministry in financial principles, value of activities undertaken and importance of performance;
- Financially partnering across the ministry to help drive value generation throughout the operations of the ministry; and
- Leading and developing the finance function into a high performing team.
You will bring the following experience & skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing and developing a team of professional staff;
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy into the required financial plans and strategic measures that drive value generation;
- Experience developing performance reporting platforms that engages management and operations and drives performance outcomes
- Strong technical finance skills accompanied with strategic vision and innovative thinking
- Experience implementing and maintaining financial governance and internal control frameworks
- Understanding of the regulatory financial obligations within the ‘for purpose’ sector and experience managing the external audit process
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Business with post-graduate qualifications (CA/CPA/CIMA).
- Experience working in the ‘for purpose’ sector or similar organisation (desired)
- Experience working in an organisation with a global headquarters (desired)
- Experience developing dashboard reports in Power BI and managing finance ERP’s (Dynamics GP) (desired)
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a difference. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to help release children from poverty. This role will offer flexible working arrangements, such as blended work in office and from home, a monthly RDO and great salary packaging opportunities to maximise your take-home pay.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 23rd July 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our People and Culture Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Finance via Pro Bono Australia.