About the role
- Australia’s largest and oldest unified voice for native bird conservation
- Nurture funding from high value donors and facilitate bequests
- Carlton based with WFH flexibility; professional training & development
BirdLife Australia (BirdLife) is a national bird conservation charity whose purpose is to stop extinction. BirdLife has been a voice for bird conservation for 120 years through robust programs, research initiatives, partnerships and informed advocacy that combine to achieve outstanding conservation results for native birds and their habitats.
BirdLife’s achievements are derived from combining conservation expertise and science with the skills, passion and commitment of its more than 200,000 generous donors, volunteers and supporters all over Australia.
Benefits and culture
- Passionate and collaborative team culture
- Recognised brand
- Commitment to training and development
As Birdlife embarks on a significant Digital Engagement Transformation program, which will result in a new ecosystem for engagement, you will be a key player in this newly created fundraising structure. In this role you will coordinate and deliver BirdLife Australia’s Gifts in Wills and High Value Donor programs.
The role works closely with the major gifts lead, single gifts and appeals officer and the regular giving co-ordinator on acquisition, conversion and management of high value donors and bequestors.
Specifically you will be;
- Leading and coordinating the relationship management of current donors
- Researching, identifying and nurturing new bequest conversations
- Implementing and maintaining personalised stewardship plans for donors
- Promoting the bequest program across the organisation.
This is a fulltime ongoing position offered on a three year contract. Continuation after three years would be offered subject to acceptable performance and available funding.
This role is suited to an aspiring relationship fundraiser, marketer or business developer with the ability to think laterally and identify opportunities. You will have experience in successfully growing an organisation’s donor footprint and revenue using thoughtful communications and leveraging brand.
Ideally, you bring bequests or mid-range donor and customer experience from a similar role in either the not-for-profit sector, estate management or like-minded corporate.
Additionally you will:
- Be adept at identifying opportunities, developing and maintaining relationships
- Have proven ability to coordinate tailored journeys for supporters via impact story telling
- Demonstrate skills working with CRM systems and databases, guiding process and policy
- Build rapport with the diverse range of supporters, volunteers, members and donors
If you are passionate about protecting Australian wildlife please apply with your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required above or call Anna Skeels or Richard Green on 03 8080 8976
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: High Value Donor & Gifts in Wills Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.