About the role
An exciting voluntary opportunity exists for an experienced professional to join the Coeliac Australia Board as a Director and contribute to its strong leadership, governance and strategic direction as the organisation continues to evolve. Attending and actively contributing to board meetings, sub-committees and other ad hoc projects are essential requirements of this role. The CA Board currently consists of nominated directors from each region of the organisation and three independent directors. Applicants do not have to be a member of Coeliac Australia. These governance positions are crucial to the organisation and are appointed for a period of three years. The Board meets every 2 months, alternating between face-to-face meetings on Saturdays and teleconferences on weeknights (with consideration for travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19). CA covers these travel costs.
We are seeking an experienced not-for-profit director to fill an independent director vacancy whose skills and expertise are aligned to the following key selection criteria:
- A strong team player with a high level of integrity, influence, and highly refined decision making skills and the ability to make suggestions and challenge ideas/ suggestions in a consultative and constructive manner.
- A community-minded individual with previous experience as a Board Member and highly developed skills in governance, risk management, compliance, and strategic planning in the not-for-profit sector.
- Financial and auditing skills including experience in investment management and accounting practices.
- Experience in fundraising and/or business development including knowledge of current strategies to increase brand exposure and broaden revenue streams.
- A passion for supporting and driving the interests of those affected by coeliac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis and other associated conditions requiring a gluten free diet is highly desirable.
Applicants should forward a current resume together with a covering letter detailing how your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of this directorship.
Applications close 30 July 2021
About the organisation
Coeliac Australia (CA) is a national charity, operating as a company limited by guarantee, that is proud of its work over the past 40 years to enhance the lives of people affected by coeliac disease and related conditions. CA aims to build and disseminate knowledge, empower and build confident communities, and influence decision makers to achieve continuous improvement in the lives of people affected by coeliac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis and other associated conditions requiring a gluten free diet.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Independent Director – Coeliac Australia Limited via Pro Bono Australia.