About the role
Industry Capability Network (ICN) Victoria, supported by the Victorian Government, has been working for local industry since 1984. We were founded on the noble principle that local businesses, especially Small and Medium Enterprises, should be given full and fair opportunities to compete for work on major projects, aided by local content considerations. In turn, this will help to create jobs, and support industry and economic development in a thriving community.
We are currently redefining our purpose and values, along with finalising our strategy for the next 3 years. We know that it is through our people, and nurturing a purpose-driven culture, that we will be able to bring our new strategy to life. Your role will be pivotal to our success by helping us to maximise local content opportunities for our customers and stakeholders.
As an industry professional who loves a challenge, you recognise that this is a very exciting time to join our organisation.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager – Industry Engagement, the Industry Adviser role is responsible for driving positive outcomes for local industry across one or more key sectors including Manufacturing, Construction, Rolling Stock and Rail, Medtech and Renewable Energy.
Together with your colleagues, you will have a passion for Victorian based industry and thrive in a culture that has a strong focus on people, integrity, impact and collaboration. This role will require you to be organised, enjoy planning and be comfortable getting others involved when you need to.
Our office is located in the St Kilda Road precinct overlooking Albert Park Lake. Currently, our staff are balancing working from the office as well as from home. Some regional travel may be required for this role.
On offer are 3 roles: 1x full-time on going and 2x fixed term (6 and 12 months).
You are a talented and hands-on Industry professional with proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships, implementing strategy and delivering positive outcomes for our customers and stakeholders. You are a confident communicator who is highly organised, motivated and is happy to work autonomously but also love to collaborate and work as part of a team.
You will have a well-developed approach to making decisions drawing on evidence and industry insights and enjoy work that requires being precise and detail oriented. You will have a deep sense of empathy and find that you quickly relate to and understand the clients you are engaging with. You pride yourself on delivering outcomes and making a difference.
You are excited about working for a purposeful organisation that is intentional about values and offers a collaborative and supportive team environment, focused on inclusion and supporting people to thrive.
The responsibilities of the role will typically include:
- Researching local industry capability and capacity and matching this to potential opportunities
- Using data to produce and maintain Supply Chain Mapping products for our stakeholders
- Assist with the delivery of the Local Jobs First Policy and Social Procurement Framework
- Be responsible for project managing ICN’s involvement with successful contractors on key infrastructure projects
- Taking initiatives to promote ICN’s reach through events, communications and industry training forums
- Leveraging existing and creating new partnerships and relationships as a channel to implement ICN’s customer and stakeholder strategy
- Liaising and building relationships with key stakeholders, especially local industry
Skills and Qualification
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience within one or more of the key sectors including Manufacturing, Construction, Rolling Stock and Rail, Medtech and Renewable Energy is desirable
- Well-honed interpersonal skills gained through a minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Ability to research local industry capability and capacity
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and the use of CRMs
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and an outstanding attention to detail and high accuracy
About the organisation
In support of your application, please address the following key selection criteria in a separate document along with your CV:
- Demonstrated Industry experience within one or more of the key sectors including Manufacturing, Construction, Rolling Stock and Rail, Medtech and Renewable Energy
- A high level of experience with building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and customers especially industry and to a lesser extent government bodies
- A proven ability to project manage tasks to a successful outcome including managing competing priorities to ensure project milestones are achieved and deadlines met
- An aptitude for analytical thinking including an ability to translate and capture data using a CRM
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement business development opportunities
- Experience in team collaboration and a capacity to add value and improve processes across teams and functions in the whole organisation
Applications that do not address the criteria above will not be considered.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Andrew Bradley, Manager – Industry Engagement on 0447 446 091.
How to apply
Please address the key selection criteria in a separate document along with your CV.
Please quote in application: Industry Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.