About the role
The Intake and Case Manager will respond to the needs of individuals who attend in person, by telephone or contact via electronic means, RACR clinical services. The Case Manager will assist clients to identify issues and give them options for addressing those issues, as well as provide clients with information and advice and case manage their issues, where appropriate.
The Intake and Case Manager is responsible for:
- providing telephone, face to face and electronic modes of case management and support to clients seeking assistance from Relationships Australia Canberra & Region
- undertaking a comprehensive screening and risk assessment of issues such as sexual misconduct, family violence, child safety concerns and risk of self-harm, and escalate high risk clients in accordance with program policy and procedures
- providing information, advocacy, improved access to supports and referral assistance to clients, where appropriate
- liaises with external stakeholders including relevant people and organisations working within the contractual or MOU arrangements set out with those organisations
- exercising initiative and judgement where practices and directions are not clearly defined
What you’ll need to succeed
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in, social science, social work, psychology, counselling, health services or a related area, and current registration with an appropriate professional body.
- Demonstrated experience in case management, person-centred, trauma-informed supports and responses and provision of specialist advice around sexual assault and harassment, and family violence.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and understanding, and apply effective case management, implementation, review, and recording keeping strategies which result in improved outcomes for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and external stakeholders to facilitate a smooth transition for clients who may need other services or supports.
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please submit your resume with names of two work related referees and a cover letter specifically addressing each of the selection criteria (no more than half a page response under each criterion). Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered during the shortlisting process.
Applications should be submitted only via the “Apply” button below.
Position description with selection criteria is available at www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
For further information, contact Julie King, Director of Operations on 0428 745 234 or email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org to have a discussion.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 25 July 2021
Please quote in application: Intake and Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.