About the role
The intake officer is the first point of contact to The Glen. This includes answering the phone and providing information to people applying to the Program. The intake officer is responsible for reviewing applications and conducting over-the-phone interviews and assessing each application against The Glen’s policies and procedures. The intake officer also provides referrals to alternative treatment services when required.
We are seeking someone who has strong phone communication experience, data entry skills, understanding of drug and alcohol related issues, and is comfortable with using technology. This includes Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and clinical management system.
The intake officer is required to assess the suitability of clients against The Glen’s criteria and the ability to identify when appropriate decisions need to be made. The intake officer is required to make decisions on a daily basis.
Applicants must be available for an interview on Friday 6th August 2021 (this may be via Zoom).
Desired Skill Set:
- Emotional Intelligence & empathy
- Planning & organisation
- Communication skills (ability to deal with people who are in crisis)
- A good attitude & character
- Listens to learn / Open mindedness
- Assessment Skills
- Ability to have ‘hard’ conversations
- Values that align with The Glen
- Strong administrative, phone and computer skills.
- Experience in data entry
- Understanding of Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Experience in referring applicants to other appropriate services
- Ability to follow organisational policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with Aboriginal people (approx. 60% of clients).
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Driver’s license essential
The successful applicants will be offered the following employment options (as negotiated with The Glen):
- Permanent part-time
- Permanent full-time position (5 days per week, 8am to 4pm).
The successful applicant will be entitled to salary sacrifice a portion of the income.
The pay rate will be negotiated depending on experience and qualifications.
About the organisation
The Glen for Men is a 35 bed Residential Rehabilitation Facility located at Chittaway on the NSW Central Coast. It has been in operation for 27 years.
The Glen for Women will be a new, 20 bed purpose built Residential Rehabilitation Facility located at Wyong Creek on the NSW Central Coast. It is due to open in early 2022.
The Glen for Women program is modelled on the successful program at The Glen for Men located at Chittaway and more information can be found at www.theglencentre.org.au .
The Intake Team will work across both sites of The Glen and do intake assessment for both Men and Women when The Glen for Women opens in early 2021
How to apply
How to Apply:
Please send applications (Cover Letter + CV) to email@example.com by 30th July 2021.
For any enquiries about this position, please contact Kodie Elliot on 0438765342.
Please quote in application: Intake Officer via Pro Bono Australia.