About the role
Exciting new opportunity to join a dynamic team!
- Full time position with salary of $95,000 – 98,999 + super (depending on experience)
- Located in Melbourne, other locations or virtual/Hybrid work arrangements will be considered
- Application closing date Wednesday 11 August 2021
YLab is a social enterprise that was founded by FYA in 2016. YLab offers consulting and co-design services to organisations who are looking for better ways to design systems for young people. To do this YLab employs over 80 young people across Australia (YLab Associates) with diverse lived and technical experiences to work on projects. YLab solves problems in employment, policy and decision making, health and wellbeing and First Nations issues, all by putting young people at the centre.
We’re on the hunt for someone to join our team who will nurture and guide our Associate cohorts’ learning experience from a professional, lived experience and whole-of-self perspective so they are equipped with the skills and opportunities to shape the systems around them.
Those who know you would describe you as a nurturing and wise mentor who sees the world a little differently to the status quo. You will have a track record of empowering young people to deliver creative and impactful co-design projects. You understand how to motivate individuals to meet goals, have a passion for all things Learning and Development and find you easily surface connections to help communities of young people to thrive.
You will bring:
- At least 3 years experience in designing and delivering learning and development programs or work-based training programs – bonus if this experience is with young people
- Experience delivering coaching and mentoring to young adults to develop skills in some (if not all) of the following:
- Strategic consulting
- Research and report writing
- Social impact strategy
- Cultural intelligence and
- Systems change
- Experience as a consultant in a fast-paced consulting environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience in co-design with a focus on delivering client facing projects
- Experience in working with young people from diverse lived experiences and cultural backgrounds and incorporating these experiences into work
- Strong experience in project management across a complex and dynamic team environment
You’ll also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to get things done by influencing others and building trusting relationships
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative to design inclusive solutions
- A professional, collaborative and team based approach with the ability to work independently .
- A Working with Children Check is a mandatory requirement of this position.
- Applicants for this role must be an Australian Citizen or have a valid, legal right to work in Australia.
A Position Description is attached
About the organisation
Today’s generation of young Australians are facing unprecedented and intersecting crises. They also have the skills, insight and ambition to address them. At the Foundation for Young Australians, our vision is that young people have the power to beat injustice and transform the future. In pursuit of this vision, our purpose is to back young people with the trust, resources, skills, and connections to make change.
FYA has a new theory of change, dynamic team and board, and a unique resource base. We are now shaping a future-focused organisation committed to the highest standards of professionalism, culture and conditions, diversity, and impact -- all centered around our key constituents: young people.
Our work is guided by a commitment to beating injustice and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, young people, people of colour, women, people with disability, people from LGBTIQA+ communities, and more. We acknowledge our sector has systematically excluded these communities.
How to apply
Click Apply Now or head to the ‘work with us’ section of our website and follow the application process.
- Please include a detailed resume (no more than 3 pages)
- You will be asked two questions in your application in which you’re required to provide brief answers (no more than 500 words each), including:
- A description of yourself and what excites you about this role and working for FYA
- An explanation of how your experience relates to what we’re looking for
- We are open to receiving this in the format that works best for you eg. as a written piece (no more than 500 words each), a video or audio (no more than five mins). For video or audio applications please send your responses to email@example.com
- Deadline: 6pm AEST, Wednesday 11 August 2021
For more information or a confidential discussion about the role contact:
- Kim Ross, Acting Executive Director, YLab
For more information about the recruitment process:
- Azianni Mustapa, People and Culture Coordinator
Please quote in application: Learning and Community Lead, YLab via Pro Bono Australia.