About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
We have a rare opportunity for a Program Manager to join our Southern Senior Leadership team. The Manager is responsible for the operational and strategic management, leadership and development of the following programs across our Southern Region:
- Family Violence Services
- Pathways to Resilience Program
- New Parent and Infant Network (Newpin) Program
- Komak Program
- School Community Engagement Program
- School Focussed Youth Services
As Manager Community Programs and Family Violence, you will lead a committed workforce delivering a diverse range of high-quality services to vulnerable children, young people and families who present with complex needs. The Manager will ensure that the programs effectively respond to consumer and community needs, and ensure services are delivered in accordance with statutory requirements.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a tertiary degree in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Extensive leadership experience within the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading programs in a complex service delivery environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relevant to the child, youth and family welfare and family violence sectors
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to form effective working relationships and foster a positive team culture
- High level written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Tuesday 27 July 2021
Get in touch
Rabia Sikander – Senior Manager, Family Preservation, Reunification & Home Based Care
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Community Programs & Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.