About the role
The Environmental Defenders Office (EDO) runs bold and ground-breaking environmental cases across Australia and the Pacific to protect peoples, nature and our climate. The EDO gives everyday people access to the justice system and empowers communities to find legal remedies.
EDO lawyers have been at the forefront of the biggest environmental legal battles, from the Adani mine to protecting whales in the Antarctic. In the Pacific the EDO works with partners to share knowledge and experience, enabling two-way learnings and legal solutions.
In 2020 the EDO merged the pre-existing eight EDO state offices and is now an organisation of almost one hundred staff.
Reporting to the director of fundraising, marketing & communications, you will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of a long-term major donor fundraising strategy and empowering your team to achieve results.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Building relationships with donors, prospects and board including direct solicitation
- Ensuring a rigorous move management process is in place, including monitoring of targets
- Collaborating nationally and internationally to build a successful program
- Producing and delivering communications using a range of channels and technologies
This position can work out of any of the EDO offices around Australia and may be offered four or five days a week for the right candidate.
You will have a proven track record in growing income through stewarding key relationships combined with demonstrated leadership skills. Additionally you will have:
- A solid understanding of relationship, major donor and corporate fundraising
- The ability to create compelling proposals and a persuasive case for support
- Success in supporting a small team to achieve goals and increase revenue
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in budget forecasting and monitoring
If making an important contribution to protecting peoples, nature and our climate is meaningful to you, then please submit your CV along with a cover letter addressing the skills required section above and tell us why you think you would be right for the EDO. Alternatively, please call 02 8243 0570 for more information.
The EDO is a diverse and inclusive workplace and recognises that a key part of achieving environmental justice in Australia is the central place of First Nations and Indigenous Peoples. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager – Philanthropy & Development (Head of) via Pro Bono Australia.