About the role
- Focus on young people and those facing barriers to better health and wellbeing
- Contribute to helping enable all Victorians to increase control over, and improve, their health
The Manager, Social Connection and Mental Wellbeing reports directly to the Executive Manager, Future Healthy Group and works in close partnership with all Future Healthy teams and across the wider organisation.
You will use your deep technical expertise to shape strategic approaches and activities to influence systems change.
Your program leadership knowledge will deliver impactful health promotion programs and initiatives that build meaningful social connections and inclusive environments across Victoria.
The proven ability to engage with young people, so they can share their lived experiences, and to help to inform and shape solutions, will be critical.
We are looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills, with a can-do attitude and a systems-based mindset, who can translate strategies into operational activities, and is comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 8 August 2021
Unit: Future Healthy Group
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Classification: VicHealth Grade E
Remuneration: $122,004 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Direct Reports: 5 positions
Qualifications and experience required:
- Extensive relevant experience in community, public health, sport or government sectors to improve social connection and mental wellbeing at a population level
- Demonstrated technical skills and deep experience in community development processes
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and people leadership skills
- An industry leader in developing and maintaining integral stakeholder relationships
- Strong understanding of the social determinants of health and health promotion principles
- Demonstrated ability to learn new approaches and apply them in practice
- Strong demonstrable experience managing program budgets
- Relevant tertiary or post graduate qualifications
About the organisation
VicHealth is the world’s first health promotion foundation. Established by the Victorian Parliament in 1987, we were the first agency of our kind worldwide to utilise a tax on tobacco to support independent, long-term, evidence-based health promotion practice, partnerships and leadership.
We continue to be a global leader in health promotion, as a Collaborating Centre with the World Health Organization and technical partner to UNICEF.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Social Connection and Mental Wellbeing via Pro Bono Australia.