About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 June 2022
- Based at Dandenong, and working across multiple sites in Southern Melbourne
About the program
The Therapeutic Services to Residential Care Program provides trauma-informed practice advice and guidance, promoting therapeutic responses and healing environments in 11 youth residential homes (9 RP3 homes and 2 Therapeutic Residential Homes), adhering to the Program Requirements for the Delivery of Therapeutic Residential Care in Victoria (2016).
The Clinical Care and Support Program provides specialist outreach psychological services to carers, children and young people who are unable to live with their birth parents. The program aims to increase the capacity of carers and the support network to better understand and respond to the child/young person’s situation and needs.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to provide trauma-informed leadership to a team of Therapeutic Specialists and Clinicians, promoting therapeutic responses and healing environments for children and young people. This newly created position will oversee operational and clinical management of the Therapeutic Services to Residential Care Program and the Clinical Care and Support Program.
The role works closely with the Uniting Manager of Youth Residential Services, partner community services organisations providing home-based care services, and DFFH.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a degree in social work, psychology or a related discipline. Post-graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
You will also have:
- Extensive experience in providing high quality practice advice and guidance to professionals working with clients presenting with complex needs and statutory involvement
- Significant experience conducting assessments and/or providing clinical interventions with children and young people who have experienced trauma, including emotional, developmental, cognitive, and systemic considerations
- Demonstrable leadership experience, including the provision of operational and clinical supervision
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, regulations and frameworks relevant to the child, youth and family welfare and out-of-home care sector
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Wednesday 28 July 2021
Get in touch
Tymur Hussein – Practice Leadership & Development Manager
T: 0422 006 931 (during business hours Tuesday – Friday)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager Therapeutic Services via Pro Bono Australia.