About the role
The Manager, Western Australia is an independent contractor, engaged by Meals on Wheels Australia to undertake the following:
- provide a leadership and visible presence for Meals on Wheels® WA as a peak body in Western Australia
- build the profile, influence and perception of this newly established peak body and the Meals on Wheels® service offering of its members
- significantly grow membership base
- engage benefactors and stakeholders to support the charity through donations
- ensure current members, including local government, not for profit and for-profit members are positively engaged with the mission of Meals on Wheels.
- Design and drive membership acquisition of Meals on Wheels® services within the WA community.
- Build stronger links and partnerships within the state to extend the influence and reach of Meals on Wheels®.
- Identify opportunities for financial support, including monetary donations or in-kind support.
- Deliver membership value through high-quality member engagement and services.
- Increase the public awareness of Meals on Wheels® in WA via communications.
- Develop and deliver relevant MoW networking opportunities within the state.
- Represent Meals on Wheels® Australia in WA as appropriate.
- Drive revenue generation through memberships, partnerships, and donations, provide analysis of financial and membership reporting and secure funding for ongoing sustainability.
- Potential opportunity to manage at least one national strategic activity, project or portfolio area, depending on skills and experience.
- Participate in and assist with MoW’s events and engagements including after-hour programs, as required.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have the ability to service a short-term contract position.
- Be a motivated self-starter with significant management experience, including the ability to work as part of a small national team.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills; including strategic thinking, ability to inspire others, positive interaction and effective problem solving.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management
- Hold strong networks and knowledge of local and state governments, community and philanthropic sectors.
- Have highly developed written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Have a proven ability to prioritise a high workload and juggle competing demands.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail.
The contract term is for a 10 month period, effective from Monday 6 September until 30 June 2022, with 3 to 4 days per week, negotiable.
About the organisation
Meals on Wheels® Australia is a national peak body which represents a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of preventing malnutrition and reducing social isolation, for older Australians, people living with disability and those in disadvantage.
We stand for a significant and essential piece of social infrastructure, providing front line, early intervention and prevention in the home and reducing the risk of malnutrition faced by 1.2 million older Australians and the social isolation risk to one in four who live alone.
The shared purpose of Meals on Wheels® network of services is to support well-nourished and independent communities through the delivery of a nutritious meal, social connection and wellbeing checks by our dedicated volunteer workforce.
Our collective community magnifies the impact of our stakeholders. We serve Meals on Wheels members and partners to achieve improved outcomes for communities through:
- Collaboration – helping our stakeholder groups grow Meals on Wheels® together
- Connections – enabling the sharing of knowledge, innovation and research, and
- Capability – enhancing the skills of the sector.
Through pandemics, to devastating bushfires and other crises Meals on Wheels® is an essential service that continues to step up and support vulnerable members of the community at a time where it is needed most.
Meals on Wheels® was established over 65 years ago by Doris Taylor and is now a truly national offering.
Meals on Wheels® Australia’s role is to provide leadership, be the voice and represent its state and territory members or primary service providers. It is governed by a Board of up to 13 members and is supported by a National Executive Director. These members work as ambassadors for the organisation as well as fulfilling the statutory requirements of a governing Board.
Our role is to support the efforts of its members, and this is achieved through:
- Leading and representing the sector nationally and across each state
- Actively promoting the contribution of Meals on Wheels® by increasing understanding in the community, business and government
- Inspiring and supporting new donors, and
- Increasing the effectiveness of Meals on Wheels® through the provision of information, professional development, resources and networking opportunities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Western Australia via Pro Bono Australia.