About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for driving strategic marketing and communications and maximising the reach and impact of the organisation.
Together with your colleagues, you will have a passion for Victorian based industry and thrive in a culture that has a strong focus on people, integrity, making a difference and working together. You will need to be organised, enjoy planning and also be comfortable getting other people involved when you need to.
Our office is located overlooking Albert Park Lake. Currently, our staff are balancing working from the office as well as from home. Some regional travel may be required for this role.
You are a talented and hands-on Marketing and Communications professional with proven experience in developing and implementing strategy. You are a confident communicator who is highly organised and motivated and has strong writing and influencing skills. You are happy to work autonomously but also love to collaborate and work as part of a team.
You are excited about working for a purposeful organisation that is intentional about values and offers a collaborative and supportive team environment, focused on inclusion and supporting people to thrive.
The responsibilities of the role will typically include:
- Stewardship and implementation of a marketing and communications plan in line with ICN’s corporate strategy
- Monitoring and measuring all marketing and communications activities and preparing reports for the Board as required
- Overseeing and managing the Marketing and Communications budget and a small team
- Facilitating internal and external communications, including writing, and developing content, presentations and speeches as well as managing social media channels and website
- Leveraging existing partnerships and relationships as a channel to implement marketing and communications objectives to maximise reach and impact
- Liaison with external suppliers for digital content production, editorial copywriting, collateral, branded material, and other initiatives
- Liaising and building relationships with key stakeholders, especially industry and government agencies and our national office
Skills and Qualification
- Degree qualified in Communications, Marketing or similar
- Well-honed interpersonal skills gained through a minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to write, edit and produce a broad range of publications, media and stakeholder communications
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and an outstanding attention to detail and high accuracy
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector desirable
Key Selection Criteria
In support of your application, please address the following key selection criteria in a separate document along with your CV:
- Proven experience in developing and implementing Marcomms strategies and a sound understanding of digital media channels
- An aptitude for translating often complex and technical information into engaging and easy to understand messages to different audience
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor people within the organisation in effective communications
- Well-developed success in managing competing priorities and tasks to ensure project milestones are achieved and deadlines met including managing a budget
- A high level of experience with building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially industry and government bodies
About the organisation
Industry Capability Network (ICN) Victoria, supported by the Victorian Government, has been working for local industry since 1984. We were founded on the noble principle that local businesses, especially Small and Medium Enterprises, should be given full and fair opportunities to compete for work on major projects, aided by local content considerations. In turn, this will help to create jobs, and support industry and economic development in a thriving community.
We are currently redefining our purpose and values, along with finalising our strategy for the next 3 years. We know that it is through our people, and nurturing a purpose-driven culture, that we will be able to bring our new strategy to life. Your role will be pivotal to our success by helping us to communicate our story internally as well as to and for our customers and stakeholders.
As an analytical thinker, influencer and planner who loves a challenge, you recognise that this is a very exciting time to join our organisation.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Yelena Kats on 0421 552 752.
How to apply
Please address the Key Selection Criteria along with your CV.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.