About the role
- Exciting Career Opportunity
- Be part of a vibrant National Communications Team
- Great opportunity to work for a leading and rapidly growing national not-for-profit housing provider
Join us and share our Vision: ‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’ Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging. We are one of the largest community housing providers in Australia, with operations in Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and West Australia. We currently own and/or manage more than 7,000 properties and accommodate over 8500 tenants. HCA has assets nearing $900 million and more than 250 staff members. We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best, with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment for our staff, residents, and stakeholders. The Opportunity We have an exciting full-time permanent opportunity available for a Media Assistant to support the General Manager – Strategic Communications and the National Communications Team for Housing Choices Australia (HCA). This role offers an opportunity for someone who has minimum two years’ experience in a PR, Communications, Media, Marketing agency or department and is enthusiastic in taking the next step in their career. The Media Assistant will develop and coordinate media releases, build media and stakeholder databases; draft website content and social media posts; monitor media and current affairs; assist with marketing collateral, event management, preparation executive presentations, Board papers and business pitches. In addition, the Media Assistant will provide administrative and business operations support to the Communications Team. The successful candidate will demonstrate high-level interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including the capacity to liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the GM Strategic Communications and Senior Executives. About You
- Demonstrated interest in social justice, current affairs and the NFP sector
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills
- Highly developed organizational skills; ability to initiate better, more efficient ways of working
- Relevant diploma or tertiary qualification in communications, media, public relations or journalism
- Experience in a Communications/PR agency or Communications Department
- Proven experience drafting media releases; creating website content, social media posts, marketing collateral
- Proven experience providing high level executive support services to Senior Executives.
- Event management experience
- Experience preparing media reports and business reports, highly regarded
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, social media platforms, design, and publishing software.
- Strong attention to detail; proofreading ability
- Experience building and managing media and stakeholder databases
- Graphic design skills are an advantage
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidence to build strong relationships and effectively communicate with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and high work volumes without affecting quality of service delivery.
We are seeking someone who is a flexible multi-tasker and naturally combines a strong business and accountability ethos with a deep commitment to our vision and mission. What we offer in return
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal, and entertainment expenses
- Excellent career development opportunities
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that all appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Housing Choices Australia and the successful post holder to.
- Provide a valid employee Working with Children Check
- Agree to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Provide a current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ locations, as required.
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants must apply through Seek.com and include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description. A copy of the Position Description will be available on HCA website, housingchoices.org.au as of 12 July 2021. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Marguerite Cokalis – Business Partner People and Culture on 03 8636 9433. Housing Choices Australia reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, we celebrate and respect our people’s differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians to apply. Applications Close: Monday 09 August 2021
About the organisation
‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging.
We are one of the largest community housing providers in Australia, with operations in Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and West Australia. We currently own and/or manage more than 7,000 properties and accommodate over 8500 tenants. HCA has assets nearing $900 million and more than 250 staff members.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.