About the role
Salary: $51,557 pro rata plus statutory super and 17.5% annual leave loading.
Hours: full time (38 hours) or 0.8 FTE (four days per week), negotiable
Employment type: part or full time, on-going (subject to 3 month probation period and to funding)
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Responsible for: interns, volunteers
Start date: Monday 26 July 2021 or as soon as possible
Writers Victoria is seeking an organised and capable individual to fulfil the role of Memberships Officer. The Memberships Officer is responsible for the administration of our membership program, and is the first point of contact for our members.
This role is offered either full time or at four days per week, to be negotiated with the selected candidate.
- Provide a friendly and professional first point of contact for Writers Victoria by: performing
frontline reception duties, dealing with general enquiries (via phone, email or in person),
redirecting queries to colleagues, welcoming and directing visitors to meetings, familiarity with
organisation-wide calendars, sorting mail and messages.
- Process membership applications and renewals, including sending renewal reminders and issuing
new member information packs.
- Maintain membership records and database, including data validation.
- Provide information, advice and guidance in response to member enquiries.
- Prepare membership reports.
- Lead the delivery of the Subscriberthon, the annual member drive.
- Contribute to and deliver other campaigns and initiatives for membership retention and growth.
- Coordinate room bookings for organisation members (writers’ groups).
- Office and financial administration, including daily EFTPOS reconciliation.
- Support with the administration of ‘The Victorian Writer’, including creating distribution reports
and proof reading.
- Collect incoming office mail and post outgoing mail regularly.
- Liaise with IT supplier for any IT/database issues.
- Contribute to staff meetings and strategic planning sessions.
- Support office volunteers and membership interns, where applicable.
- Additional duties as required.
Program and Services
- Support the development, marketing and administration of a range of member services and special projects.
Marketing and Sales
- Support marketing of membership activities and services including contributing content for social
media and e-news.
- Maintain membership-related website content and member-specific web content.
- Manage sales enquiries, bookings and invoicing for membership activities
About the organisation
Writers Victoria is all about writing and storytelling.
With over 2,500 members, we are Victoria’s first, largest and longest-running organisation for writers.
We have the expertise and platform to support Victoria’s vibrant storytelling community, to ensure writers
from all of Victoria’s diverse communities have the skills and support to succeed, and to advocate for
support for writers and storytellers more broadly.
Our values are Inclusion, Community, Participation, Innovation and Excellence, Professionalism and
Respect. You can read more about our work in our Strategic Plan.
Writers Victoria is made up of a small team of hard working staff based out of the Wheeler Centre in
Melbourne CBD. A safe and clean working station will be available to you there. While some aspects of the
role will require some face-to-face tasks in the city from time to time, there is opportunity for flexible
How to apply
Applications close at midday AEST on Friday 16 July. Please submit the following, as a one-page document:
- A cover letter (one page) outlining how you and your experience would be a good fit for Writers
- A two-page response to the key selection criteria
- Your CV
Please address your application to Lucy Hamilton, CEO, Writers Victoria and email your application to
Any questions, or to let us know access requirements for the application process, contact Lucy Hamilton on (03) 9094 7836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please quote in application: Memberships Office via Pro Bono Australia.