About the role
Fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative program supporting older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns, including grief and loss, life stress, social isolation and loneliness.
- Outreach throughout Melbourne’s Northern and Western Metropolitan region
- Blended face to face and telehealth delivery modes
- Part time (0.4 to 0.6 negotiable), fixed term to 30 June 2022
- Generous salary packaging and other entitlements
Your new role
As a mental health clinician you will be responsible for:
– Clinical triage including screening of referrals and psycho-social assessments
– Goal directed care planning
– Group development and facilitation
– Care coordination
– Provision of evidence based time limited psychological therapies and/or interventions
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri Health you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
– Approved Degree in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Psychology, and psychiatric Nursing or equivalent and professional registration with the relevant registration body
– Demonstrated clinical experience in working with older adults in mental health settings at the level required (e.g. good knowledge of MSE, case formulation, ISBAR handover, as well as ability to demonstrate sound clinical reasoning)
– Demonstrated capacity of working in a multidisciplinary team with an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
– A commitment to providing high level of care within a Recovery model
– Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
– Interest in group work including development, facilitation, and evaluation of group programs
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave, and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.