About the role
- Based in Hamilton, Newcastle with working from home option!
- Permanent – Part time role, working 28hrs per week
- Schcads Award Level 2, plus Salary Packaging options!
The Permanency Support Program supports safety, wellbeing and positive life outcomes for children and young people in the child protection and out-of-home-care (OOHC) systems in NSW. The program provides tailored services and supports for children, young people and their families who are experiencing vulnerability. SSI works closely with community organisations, women’s groups, religious organisations and schools to support foster carers, birth families, and children in care to stay connected with their culture, religion and language.
Your role will be to assist the Multicultural Permanency Support Program by providing an exceptional level of customer service and administration support.
- Manage documents, probity checks and records in line with contractual obligations and legislation
- Prepare reports, minutes and agendas for internal and external meetings and assist with meeting room bookings and training day set ups
- Enter invoice data in to the system and liaise with service providers to clarify payments when required
- Assist in developing PowerPoint presentations for foster carers training when required
This is an exciting PERMANENT part-time opportunity (working 28hrs per week) to provide outstanding administration support to a busy team of caseworkers in our Hamilton office. Do you have solid administration experience and knowledge of child protection legislation? If so, this could be your next role!
We are looking for someone who is confident, proactive and has the ability to work productively with little supervision. Your ability to communicate effectively, juggle multiple tasks at the same time and always display a high level of customer service will be integral to your success in this role. We need someone with strong report writing skills, who is computer literate, with a demonstrated ability to meet compliance requirements. If this sounds like you, and you share our values of social justice, diversity and compassion, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multicultural Permanency Support Program Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.