About the role
- Be part of a purpose-driven organisation committed to community development and a social model of health
- Make a meaningful contribution to the health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne
- Attractive salary packaging
Your Community Health is seeking registered nurses to work casually and join Your Community Health’s COVID Recovery and Response.
Reporting to Covid Clinical Lead, this important nursing role includes prevention and preparedness work for the highest risk facilities, delivery of health services including COVID testing, vaccination, proactive contact management, active case management and proactive case finding, and case planning and referral and support the COVID +ve Care Pathway program.
Casual positions are available and involve oversight and participation in assertive outreach and working in community settings. Some weekend work may be required.
Your passion and commitment will see you:
- Deliver fixed and mobile COVID-19 testing, clinical duties, community engagement and vaccination activities
- Support accommodation providers to develop COVIDSafe plans for their accommodation
- Support the social and clinical assessment and monitoring of COVIDpositive clients
- Monitor incoming pathology reports and contact clients with support and advice
- Contribute to the COVIDCare plan for each COVID positive person referral.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) Significant clinical experience
- Immunisation qualification/credentials – or working towards this
- Knowledge of COVID 19 testing and infection control
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to professional and career development of all our staff and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location, with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
About the organisation
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
How to apply
Applications must address the selection criteria contained in the position description as part of the cover letter.
For more information regarding this role please refer to the position description.
For further enquiries contact Paul Leary, General Manager People and Culture, on 0447 083 754.
Your Community Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness
and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background,
including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people
from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability
Please quote in application: Nurse - Covid 19 Services via Pro Bono Australia.