About the role
Merri Health – Occupational Therapist
- 0.8 EFT; Fixed term Part Time position
- Site: primarily Bell St, Coburg site
- Join an established multi-disciplinary team, who strive to help our clients reach their desired outcomes
Your new role
You will be working in a newly created position to support clients to access allied health in NDIS. This role is short term funded under the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) and will support clients to identify appropriate allied health supports for their NDIS plan through your holistic and client centred assessments. You will work closely with clients, their supports, internal and external agencies to provide comprehensive reports for the NDIS from an allied health perspective.
As the Occupational Therapist in the Prevention of Chronic Illness Care Team you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality and effective Occupational Therapy assessments for NDIS reporting purposes.
- Utilizing a client centred approach support clients to identify their goals and the recommendations to achieve these goals.
- Performing ADL’s, functional capacity and other relevant assessments within the client’s home or other appropriate setting.
- Provide recommendations to the NDIS for ongoing allied health services.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated experience in Occupational Therapy working with adults under 65 years with a range of disabilities
- Experience writing clinical reports that meet the needs of clients seeking allied health care through the NDIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
You will be working with a motivated and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a community health setting to deliver high quality health care to our community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.