About the role
ACA is seeking an experienced part-time (3 days) Operations Manager responsible for the management of daily operational activities and resourcing. The Operations Manager is a vital leadership role contributing to the strategic planning and successful implementation of the strategy and vision of ACA. It is expected that this role will grow to a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the CEO, the Operations Manager will enjoy a combination of working from the home and on-site at camp locations. The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Strategic planning and review of all operational activities to ensure ACA is efficient, financially sustainable and scalable for future growth;
- Improve and develop operational management systems, processes, and best practices, creating universal operations manuals for ACA;
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve the operations activities (including risk and asset management) to ensure best practice;
- Ensure the organisation’s processes remain legally compliant, including management of WSHE and NFP governance requirements;
- Manage, analyse and use ACA budget effectively & efficiently;
- Provide regular reporting to CEO & assist in preparation of information for Board;
- Manage ICT provider relationship and other organisational wide suppliers;
- Continuously improve on ACA infrastructure (physical and people resourcing);
- Act as an escalation point for client related matters;
- Leadership and human resource management of direct reports;
- Management of human resources operations (in conjunction with consulting experts) across ACA employees, contractors, and volunteers.
This role is ideally suited to a dynamic Operations Manager with at least 3 years’ previous experience in the NFP/Charity sector. A relevant Tertiary qualification i.e. business administration, operations management, finance management or similar is essential. Other skills, experience and expertise required include:
- Experience developing operational plans, with forecasting models and financial targets and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience achieving operational system improvement, cost-efficiency, and effectiveness;
- Multiple years’ experience in business negotiation and conflict management
- Project management skills;
- Demonstrated experience analysing and reporting on outcomes of Operations for CEO, management or Board;
- Strong IT skills, including database management, other general business IT systems and accounting systems such as Xero, CRMs etc;
- Presentation (to groups) skills and ability to conduct effective meetings via video conference;
- Understanding of and experience with employment laws and other human resources matters;
- Knowledge of WHSE laws, ACNC laws and governance principles, accounting requirements and basic knowledge of the NDIS;
- Able to work autonomously, as well as the Leader of a team;
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and engage effectively with a diverse range of individuals;
- Approachable with a firm but fair management style;
- Commitment to the goals and values of Autism Camp Australia.
An interest in or lived experience of Autism and a membership with relevant management or finance organisations i.e. CPA, CA, Institute of Managers & Leaders, Australian Institute of Project Management or similar will be highly regarded.
About the organisation
Autism Camp Australia
Autism Camp Australia (ACA) was founded in 2019 and is a charitable public benevolent institution with the ACNC. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of autistic young people, and their families, through the provision of an inclusive, strengths-based capacity building and life skills camp program. Our vision is self-reliance, independence, social connection and community inclusion for autistic young people and their families.
The ACA camp program has been designed and developed in collaboration with autistic adults and young people. The program is for the whole family and is run over 4 days and 5 nights, 10-12 times a year. Our first location Byron Bay opened in January 2020, Sunshine Coast, QLD followed in December 2020, and Victoria opens in September 2021. The plan is to open in every State in Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.