About the role
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a passionate Partnerships Coordinator to join our Communities for Children Team. This role is offered on a part time (30.4 hours per week) basis on a maximum term contract ending on 30/06/2022 and is based in our Goonellabah office.
Communities for Children (CfC) supports families and their children aged up to 12 years old in disadvantaged communities across Australia. By focusing on prevention and early intervention approaches, the program encourages positive family functioning, safety and child development outcomes through place based, targeted and holistic programs.
The Partnerships Coordinator is responsible for the Community Partnership management and delivery of capacity building initiatives in Goonellabah. This includes managing sub-contract agreements with other non-government organisations; developing key stakeholder relationships; conducting program specific consultations; providing informed advice on the implementation of evidence based programs; assisting community partners to effectively evaluate their programs; and building the capacity of community partners and the social and community sector to deliver quality programs for children 0-12 and their families in Goonellabah. The role will work collaboratively with the Partnerships Coordinator – Murwillumbah, to provide a coordinated approach to both CfC sites, developing efficient strategies for sharing information and tools for the promotion of child focussed initiatives.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience (community work, social work, education, social welfare etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, design and implementation of effective community programs.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of service contracts, particularly monitoring, evaluating and analysing data.
- Strong understanding of complex issues around vulnerable, disadvantaged and Aboriginal families.
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues and local family and community programs and interventions
- Proven ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and partnerships in community capacity building initiatives.
- High level of written and oral communication, group facilitation and presentation skills.
- High level of computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft word, outlook and the internet.
- This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
For 140 years we have stood for gender equality in all communities, transforming the lives of individual women, young women and girls. Cheered on by a fiercely passionate and supportive team, we shout loud and proud and our voices echo around the world in a global feminist movement.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Coordinator, Communities for Children via Pro Bono Australia.