About the role
Your new role
Our team of Pathways Workers assists people experiencing social isolation, health issues and homelessness. Working alongside a dynamic team, the worker provides on site engagement with clients who attend our Engagement Hub for meals. The overarching goal is to improve people’s living situation though the provision of assessment information, advocacy, liaison, crisis intervention and referral.
A typical day involves meeting new clients and conducting assertive engagement. You’ll have an opportunity to provide services, advocacy, housing support and help people manage a crisis. You will be based at our Grey Street Engagement Hub, working to build professional relationships with the 250-300 people who attend for meals each day.
We’re looking for someone with
- With excellent communication skills who collaborates well as part of a team.
- Able to work with complex clients
- Able to respond to crisis and challenging behaviours
- Experience working in homelessness, mental health and community settings
You can look forward to
- Permanent part time working Thursday to Monday, 31.5 hours per week
- Making a difference for our most vulnerable
- Opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge
- Having a laugh with a supportive and professional team
- Working in the heart of St Kilda and being close to public transport
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Knowing you have made a difference at the end of the day
About the organisation
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Pathways Worker – Sacred Heart Central via Pro Bono Australia.