About the role
About the Role
CMY seeks a Policy Officer to support the policy advocacy work of CMY through consulting on, analysing and developing responses to emerging policy issues for multicultural young people/youth issues. The role will work closely with the various teams across CMY to ensure that emerging issues and trends for young people are captured and well documented.
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE), Part Time
- Fixed Term: 12 months (parental leave backfill)
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 5): $84,849 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role may require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm, Tuesday 10 August 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 16 August 2021
You will have
- Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to issues affecting young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
- Experience in social policy development, including an understanding of community development principles as they apply to policy development.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce high standard written work for a variety of target groups including: policy papers, reports and media articles.
- Demonstrated networking and liaison experience including facilitating consultations with a variety of stakeholders (including young people) in the government and non-government sectors.
- Highly developed analytical skills in a complex policy environment.
For more information
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
- On CMY, visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
- Contact person for the role: Willow Kellock on (03) 9340 3754.
How to Apply
- Provide a cover letter
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY107.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer (CMY107) via Pro Bono Australia.