About the role
QMC Duty Managers will have delegated authority of the venue during events functions held at QMC. Their responsibility includes overall coordination of the event from bump in to bump out, including all front of house staff and technicians rostered on duty during events and/or functions. Exceptional customer service, problem shooting, good understanding of events and event assistance to the client and hirer is a pivotal part of the role.
- Liaise directly with clients, hirers, stage managers, artists and other Front of House staff to ensure high standard of presentation and customer service is provided to all during events and/or functions.
- Manage and provide an efficient, safe, welcoming and friendly Front of House service to Queensland Multicultural Centre.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedure guidelines are met in relation to workplace health and safety, emergency management and crowd control legislation.
- Resolve patron & visitor complaints and disputes in a professional and efficient manner and refer any unresolved issues to the Venue Manager.
- Conduct event and/or functions briefing with the Front of House team and the venue technician prior to each event bump in when required.
- Make public announcements via the in-house public address system in a clear and concise manner as required.
- Assist the ushers and client to ensure all patrons are seated efficiently, performances commence at scheduled times and event and/or functions are running according to runsheet times.
- Assist with the training and development of casual FOH Ushers in order to maintain an effective, skilled, motivated and welcoming Front of House team.
- Assist box office staff in Box Office as required.
- Assist the bar staff and Liquor Approved Manager with the management of Responsible Service of Alcohol as required.
- Act in the role of Deputy Chief Warden to ensure the safe evacuation of the Queensland Multicultural Centre in the case of emergency.
- Reconcile bar and box office sales and complete Front of House reconciliation reports as required.
- Conduct event and/or functions de-briefing with the Front of House team and the venue technician to ensure Duty Manager Reports and/or complaint or incident reports are completed efficiently and distributed after every event and/or function.
- Provide input to Venue Manager and Bookings & Functions Coordinator on patron and visitor satisfaction and customer service strategies.
- Customer Service
- BEMAC expects you to behave in a manner appropriate for business purposes in the conduct of your duties, ensuring a high level of customer service is provided for all clients, patrons, members of the public and visitors attending QMC events and functions.
Skills, Experience & Other Requirements
- Front of House Duty Management experience (or similar role) in a similar events and/or functions venue.
- Good understanding of diverse styles of events and functions within a similar events and/or functions venue.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities and client needs during multiple events and/or functions.
- Demonstrated ability to move swiftly around the venue in a safe and calm manner during multiple bookings to address client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual labour tasks as required. This role is not a desk role.
- Impeccable customer service and communication skills to successfully liaise with a diverse client and patron base and in particular experience working and communicating with multicultural groups and communities.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective service and assistance to clients, patrons, members of the public and visitors with a calm, helpful and authoritative manner while maintaining a relaxed and inviting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and independently without supervision when required.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a team when required.
- Good understanding of Front of House roles including box office, bar & ushering.
- Demonstrated ability to work a flexible rosters as the position requires evening and weekend work.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety and Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Current Open C class Driver’s License
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Current First Aid or the ability to obtain one
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card or ability to obtain one
- Rights to work in Australia
About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community based, not for profit organization limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
How to apply
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume. For a copy of the Position Description - please email Ru at email@example.com.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and l
Please quote in application: QMC Duty Manager via Pro Bono Australia.